[jangly bell] Own a Country Store!
Ever thought of owning a VT country store? Ok. According to the Small Business Development Center of Duquesne University in Pennsylvania, 1 in every 18 people on the planet own a business. Oh, it’s happening.
Owning your own store starts with….everything.
Here are the top 8 reasons for owning a VT country store.
- You decide the practices, goals, work schedule, routines, coffee bar hours, decor – everything. You decide.
- Schedule your time around who and what inspires you. Family time. Soccer schedules. Fresh powder on the mountain.
- During COVID-19 shutdown, VT country stores were an essential service, and allowed to stay open.
- In Vermont, no one expects you to stay open 24/7. Folks are used to most stores closing early on weekends and in the winter. They just plan accordingly.
- Buying an established store also includes a hard-earned customer base and revenue streams that already work in that location.
- A country store offers multiple revenue streams that help insulate your business from consumer spending drops that a specialty store might endure.
- A VT country store is a rural store. It’s unlikely you will compete with big box stores and chain restaurants. Or even billboards for another one just down the road.
- People will always need gas, milk, ice and one more 12-pack for the cooler heading up to camp. Vermont has a well-supported year-round recreation vibe that attracts 13 million (last count) visitors a year. For a small state, that’s big.